INVANZ is a penem antibacterial indicated in adult patients and pediatric patients (3 months of age and older) for the treatment of the following moderate to severe infections caused by susceptible bacteria:
• Complicated intra-abdominal infections.
• Complicated skin and skin structure infections, including diabetic foot infections without osteomyelitis.
• Community-acquired pneumonia.
• Complicated urinary tract infections including pyelonephritis.
• Acute pelvic infections including postpartum endomyometritis, septic abortion and post surgical gynecologic infections.
INVANZ is indicated in adults for the prophylaxis of surgical site infection following elective colorectal surgery.
For indications, dosing and other information, please refer to the prescribing information.